SMALL BUSINESS PROGRAMS
Ms Denise S. Baylor is the Director of Small Business Programs for the Air Force Program Executive
Officer for Business and Enterprise Systems (AFPEO BES) at Maxwell Air Force Base-Gunter Annex, Montgomery, Alabama. As Director, she is responsible for establishing policy for the installation's small business and source development programs and managing and overseeing daily program operations. She advises and supports contracting officers, program managers, and requirements personnel on all matters that affect small businesses, historically black colleges and universities or minority institutions, and labor surplus area concerns. Ms Baylor facilitates, counsels, and mentors various types of small businesses by providing advice concerning acquisition procedures; information regarding proposed acquisitions; and instructions on preparation of proposals in the interpretation of standard clauses, representations, and certifications.
Ms Baylor maintains an outreach program (including participation in Government-industry conferences and regional interagency small business councils) designed to locate and develop information on the technical competence of small businesses, small disadvantaged businesses, veteran owned businesses, women own businesses, HUBZone small businesses, historically black colleges and universities, and minority institutions.
Ms Baylor holds a Bachelor's Degree in Management from Alabama State University, and Master's in Military Operational Art and Science from Air University, Air Command and Staff College.Ms Baylor has been employed by the federal government since 1984 and has over twenty-eight years of experience in contracting supporting the Department of Defense. She is a warranted Contracting Officer and holds a Contracting and Systems Acquisition Level III professional certification. She is married to Arthur Baylor and they have three children, Traci, Arthur II and Denise.
The Small Business Office at AFPEO BES is responsible to the Commander for implementing DoD and Air Force Small Business policies. .
- Utilizing the small business community to help achieve Air Force mission success
- Delivering the right small business options and solutions to our customers
- Increasing the awareness of small business capabilities and their contributions to the Air Force community
- Capitalizing on the diverse capabilities and skills of Air Force small business specialists who are focused discovering unmatched capabilities in the small business community
- Communicating with internal and external audiences to advocate for small businesses and the capabilities they bring to the Air Force mission
- Fostering the development of small business solutions that are critical to mission requirements